For hillside erosion control - with no foot traffic -any fill can be used.
For any type of heavy duty use with shed base, car port etc - we recommend 3/4 crush gravel or larger.
For a paver base, we recommend leveling sand or fine crushed gravel.
Horse paddocks, walking areas, we recommend 3/4 crushed or larger as well.
Retaining walls extreme slope installations - the larger the better!
And as always you can reach out to us directly for any other uses you find!
|2 Inch Geo Grid||4 Inch Geo Grid||8 Inch Geo Grid|
|PAVER BASE||Up to 45% slope erosion control||Retaining walls by stacking grids on another|
|Light walking path areas||Parking pads or shed base||Extreme heavy duty parking pads|
|10% Or less slope for gardening / Erosion Control||Horse paddocks or stalls||Horse paddocks or stalls|
|Mulch or gardening light weight materials||Walking paths with 3/4 crushed gravel or larger.||45% slope and higher for erosion control|
Its recommended with each unit of our geo ground grid, that you utilize or purchase 30 of our J Hook rebar anchors with each grid. This is to fully stretch and anchor down the perimeter of the grid for the fill. We sell our J hook anchors HERE . They come in 10 pack, 50 pack, and 100 packs for a discount for bulk purchases. These are the best option for geo grid installations for light weight to heavy duty.
Geo Grid Installation
1. Fully stretch out the geo grid in installation area before anchoring, making sure the size is what you wish it to be.
2. If there is any excess area please trim BUT make sure you keep the geo grid cells fully intact if you are filling them. To trim, use some good solid scissors, or hedge sheers. The geo grid is very easy to cut / trim.
3. Start by anchoring down one of the full length sides. Anchor each cell down strong. You will be using this area to pull and stretch the rest of the grid.
4. Anchor down next side (NOT the opposing side of the grid). Working your way around and fully stretching and anchoring down the entire border of the grid.
5. Once the grid is fully stretched and anchored down (the entire perimeter). Make sure all is tight and firm. This is the KEY POINT in the installation process as you don't want loose sections holding your gravel or grid.
6. The fill ... you can dump and pour directly on the grid. Spreading out as you go along. If you have a long driveway installation, you can dump the first load with bobcat - then immediately drive on it , to continue dumping your fill and spreading it out! Very easy to fill.
7. Overfill - If you wish to overfill your geo grid this is always completely fine. However we recommend only 1 to 2 inches of overfill. And do keep in mind that whatever gravel is over the grid. Its considered loose gravel. And does not fall into the erosion protection of the geo grid cells.
8. Pack and finish - usually just driving on the filled grid will pack it down enough over time. However feel free to hand tamp or roll over if you wish as well!